Before the Float
- Remove your contacts
- Don't shave or wax prior
- Don't drink caffeine or alcohol prior
- Have a small meal or snack about 90 minutes before your float.
Arrive a little early and check in. You don't need to bring anything except a case for your contacts if you wear them and a hair brush or other items you may need after your post-float shower. We provide shampoo, soap, towels and a hair dryer.
- Our friendly staff will show you to your private float room, go over these instructions with you and answer any questions you may have.
- First, you'll take a cleansing shower. It is important that products like shampoos, conditioners, make-up and lotions are not in your hair and on your skin when you get into the floatation tank. This keeps our Epsom salt solution clear and clean and allows your skin and hair to absorb the healthful properties of the Epsom salt.
- Put in ear plugs provided by us.
- Step into the float tank.
- Turn of the lights, close the float tank door behind you and.........float (feel free to start with the door wide open also propping the door open with a towel is always an option you are always in control of the environment and can exit the float at any time you like).
- After an hour and a half, music will gently fade in, easing you out of your float.
- Open the float tank door, turn on the lights and step out when you're ready.
- Rinse off the salt water, get dressed and bask in your post-float glow.
- Stay and enjoy a refreshing glass of filtered water or a cup of tea in our cozy lobby. It is good to give yourself some time to reflect and adjust after your float.
What to do if.....
You feel amazing, like you're glowing from the inside out?
Ask about a membership to save $$ on your next float, then schedule that float!
You have salt in places like your ears, hair or on your clothes when you get home?
No worries! It washes out with warm water and won't stain your clothes. For extra help getting salt out of your hair or ears; a rinse with white vinegar will dissolve it. Vinegar is gentle on your skin and hair, environmentally friendly and you'll smell delicious!
This is a superb podcast by Kevin Johnson and Abel James "The Fat Burning Man" about float therapy. He gives great information about the major benefits of floating for athletes. http://fatburningman.com/floating-increase-creativity-reboot-brain-consciousness/